Q. WHY Utah Termite Inspection Specialists, LLC?
A. All too often, the judgment of a Termite Inspector employed by a general Pest Control Company can be clouded by ulterior motives or an interest in add-on services and revenues. Utah Termite Inspection Specialists, LLC is entirely different. Since we specialize exclusively in Termite Inspections, we can swiftly serve our customers, avoiding potential for conflicts of interest and enabling us to objectively report our inspection findings. It is our promise that we will recommend treatment only when a treatment is truly needed.
Q. WHY A TERMITE INSPECTION?
A. Termite & Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Inspections are a requirement for all VA Mortgage Loans. Although WDI Inspections are not required for FHA and Conventional Loans, they are typically recommended by Realtors for all types of purchase transactions in the State of Utah.
Q. WHAT IS THE COST FOR A TERMITE INSPECTION in Utah?
A. The cost for a WDI inspection in Davis, Weber, and Salt Lake County Utah $69. Service to other nearby areas is available with a small additional travel fee.
Q. HOW MUCH DAMAGE CAN TERMITES & OTHER WOOD DESTROYING INSECTS CAUSE TO A HOME?
A. Although it would be highly unusual for a Termite infestation to cause significant structural damage to a home, it should be noted that Termites in the United States cause more than $2B in damage annually, more damage than is caused by fire, flood and windstorm combined.
Q. WHAT ARE COMMON SIGNS OF TERMITE AND WOOD-DESTROYING INSECT INFESTATION?
A. Termite evidence typically manifests itself in the form of mud tunnels, or shelter tubes, which some types of termites build and use to conceal themselves as they travel between their nest and their food source. Evidence can also manifest itself in the form of bubbling, cracking or inconsistencies in a wall's paint, wallpaper and wall-covering. Often, evidence of infestation is mistaken for the bubbling and cracking which commonly develops on walls near a leaky pipe or plumbing fixture.
Facts About termites:
1. There are more than 2,800 known Termite Species on earth
2. Termites are found in every State except Alaska
3. According to the USDA, Termites in Utah have “moderate to heavy” activity
4. Subterranean Termites can build tunnels more than 30 feet underground
5. Termite Queens can live for more than 25 years, producing up to 2,000 eggs per day
6. Termites colonies can have over 1 million members & consume up to 1 lb. of wood per day
7. Termite Workers (which comprise up to 95% of the colony) are completely blind
8. In the United States, Termites cause more than $2 Billion in damage annually
9. Termites inflict more damage to homes than fire and windstorm combined each year
10. Proper termite treatment kills termite colonies and prevents re-infestation for up to 10 years
For more information on Termites in Utah visit: